How to access our online classes:
The VSO School of Music uses Zoom for our online classes, a user-friendly system for virtual classrooms, which is free for you to use, and allows you to see and interact with other participants and the instructor.
When you enroll in an online class, you will receive a class link as part of your emailed receipt. When you click on the class link, you will be redirected to the Zoom app if you have it installed, or the online platform. Simply click the blue button that says “ask to join”, and wait for the instructor to admit you to the virtual classroom.
A secure space:
Zoom is a safe and secure space, with many features to protect our students’ data and privacy:
- End to end data encryption
- Required approval for participants to join —Only the instructor can see and approve requests to join the video meeting, ensuring that only registered students join.
- Class moderation controls—Only instructors can mute or remove other participants. This ensures that instructors can’t be removed or muted by student participants.
Technical requirements for Zoom:
- A device with minimum system requirements
- An internet connection – broadband wired or wireless (3G or 4G/LTE)
- Speakers and a microphone – built-in, USB plug-in, or wireless Bluetooth
- A webcam or HD webcam – built-in or USB plug-in