Administrative Assistant – Canada Summer Jobs
The VSO School of Music seeks a committed and hard-working Administrative Assistant. This is a Canada Summer Jobs Position starting in mid-late June.
Poised to enter its tenth year of operations, the VSO School of Music (VSOSoM) serves a mission to enrich lives through the joy of learning, playing and performing the world’s great music; to make these experiences accessible to all, regardless of age, ability, playing level or economic circumstances; and to nurture creative and engaged members of society through achievement in the musical arts.
Because of its unique relationship with the Grammy® and JUNO award-winning Vancouver Symphony Orchestra, the VSOSoM provides a learning environment in which students gain an unparalleled educational experience by working closely with professional musicians in the fields of classical, jazz and world music. The school engages a faculty of 122 of Vancouver’s finest teachers, including members of the VSO, and serves over 1,750 students annually.
The VSOSoM Administrative Assistant is a versatile role that serves as a support for the core administrative team of the VSO School of Music. Tasks may include Data entry, library management, event support, communications, supporting research initiatives, and assisting with educational materials.
Benefits include the opportunity to work remotely part of the time; complimentary concert tickets; the opportunity for advancement and exposure to a wide range of professional roles. This is an ideal position for someone who is passionate about the performing arts and education.
Qualifications – Required
- Knowledge and understanding of the music education sector
- Customer service focused – a positive attitude and demeanour, the ability to make all customers, including students, parents, clients, faculty and musicians feel welcomed and valued
- A solver of problems – able to triage a situation into manageable tasks.
- A team player – works well with others, is enthusiastic and supportive
- A flexible attitude – able to jump in when needed to help on projects and events outside of regular duties
- Has exceptional organizational & time-management skills.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to move projects forward;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills – to communicate efficiently and professionally with a variety of stakeholders.
Qualifications – Ideal but not Required
- A knowledge of and interest in classical, jazz, or world music
- Customer service experience in a client facing role
- Experience in arts administration
- Basic skills in graphic design software an asset.
Internal: All VSOSoM staff including: Director, Facilities Manager, School Operations Manager, Director of Marketing, Accountant, Student Services Coordinator, Programs coordinator; faculty, students and parents, VSO staff members and musicians
External: Rental clients and prospective clients, other local arts organisations and artists, schools and music teachers.
We are seeking a candidate who currently resides or plans to reside in the greater Vancouver area and is available to work in-office at least 4 days per week.
To apply: Resume and letter of interest should be e-mailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org by June 6, 2022. Interviews may be scheduled on a rolling basis, so apply early.
The VSO School of Music thanks all applicants for their interest, however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls, please.