Among the finest in North America, VSO School instructors work with all ages and levels, from our specialists in early childhood programs to training Canada’s next generation of professional artists. Equally adept in the teaching studio and on the concert stage, our faculty offers students an unparalleled learning experience from professionals working in the field.
Private lessons are offered for all ages and abilities in a range of classical, jazz and selected world music instruments including Chinese and Indian traditional instruments. Private and group instruction are also available in Theory, Music History and Composition.
Students can enroll in weekly lessons for the school year, for a term, or in an introductory package of 4 lessons. Supplemental lessons for exam, competition or recital preparation are also available. It is possible to begin lessons at any time in the school year.
All private lessons are scheduled at the mutual availability of the teacher and the student through the School’s Registration team. All students must have access to an instrument and a place for daily practice and/or study. (Please contact the School for information on rental instruments.)
Students enrolled in private lessons receive:
• Discounts on additional classes and events
• First opportunities to sit onstage during a VSO rehearsal
• First opportunities to play in Masterclasses and FREE admission to attend
• Opportunities to perform in Alan and Gwendoline Pyatt Hall
• Free admission to other special school events
• Ticket vouchers for VSO concerts and early ticketing opportunities for VSO special concerts
Regular faculty lesson fees: $80 per hour / $60 per 45 min / $40 per 30 min