Registration for Winter term (Jan-Mar 2024) is now open!
This is an in-person music class, held at the VSO School
Join with other adult pianists in this nurturing and supportive environment, giving you the opportunity to:
- become comfortable playing for others
- receive constructive feedback regarding technique, structure, interpretation, and style
- learn about musical structures and performance practices
- hear new repertoire
- develop your critical listening skills
- develop sight reading skills through duet playing
- enjoy the social outlet of being with other like-minded pianists
- perform on the concert grand in Pyatt Hall
Facilitation and feedback will be provided by faculty member, Dr. Carla Dodek. Pieces do not have to be memorized but should be at a playable level to receive the most benefit. RCM Grade 8 level playing and above is recommended.
“Whether performing or listening, the experience has been most beneficial and enlightening. I feel it has enriched my musical experience and pushed me beyond my comfort zone to perform, a chance to gain confidence!!! I look forward to the next session!” – Linda
“Carla Dodek provides great feedback and I always come away with some useful insights on some aspect of my piece… One of the benefits for me in taking this class is playing for an audience and to help overcome anxiety in these situations.” – Zubin
“This offering has met and exceeded my expectations. [It] is a perfect complement to private tuition enriching the learning objectives of the School immeasurably, with some enjoyable sociability among mature students.” – Terry