Registration for Spring term (Mar-Jun 2022) is now open!
This is an in-person music program, held at the VSO School
A brand new program designed for children who have graduated from early years music classes, Teacher Marie Calvert draws from experience teaching Kodaly, Orff & Dalcroze to solidify the building blocks of music for kids in Grades 1-2. The perfect accompaniment to instrumental lessons, or as a general activity to promote creativity and self-expression, this class will take participants on an educational journey, increasing musical confidence through:
- developing an intuition for phrasing, and an internal sense of beat, rhythm, and meter
- recognizing and writing simple rhythms of known songs
- moving to the character and quality of the sound
- mastering solfege for the major scale
- singing a variety of folk songs from around the world
- understanding different forms and patterns in music through movement, dance and games
Through playful, purposeful and dynamic learning experiences, participants will become intuitive, expressive and confident performers and listeners.