Registration for Winter term (Jan-Mar 2023) is now open!
This is an in-person music program, held at the VSO School
In this program specially designed for children who have graduated from early years music classes, Teacher Marie Calvert draws from experience teaching Colourstrings, Kodaly, Orff and Dalcroze, to solidify the building blocks of music for children ages 6 to 10. The one hour class is the perfect accompaniment to instrumental lessons, or as a general activity to promote creativity and self-expression.
In Music Inside Out, concepts are taught first through sound, movement and direct experience to allow for deep learning. The very important skills of inner hearing and music memory are emphasized and developed. Language is used in a fun way to teach rhythm. Students learn to sing with good pitch and with confidence. Through playful, purposeful and dynamic learning experiences, participants will become intuitive, expressive and confident performers:
- developing an intuition for phrasing, and an internal sense of beat, rhythm, and meter
- recognizing and writing simple rhythms of known songs
- moving to the character and quality of the sound
- singing a variety of folk songs from around the world
- understanding different forms and patterns in music through movement, dance and games
- exploring recordings of classical music to engage imagination
We interact socially, we move, and we have fun!
|Level 1||For kids who have finished Mini Music Makers Kindergarten classes||Wednesdays, 5-6pm|
|Level 2||For kids who have finished Music Inside Out Level 1||Saturdays, 1:45-2:45pm|