This is an online program, taught using Zoom
An immersive program for intermediate and advanced singers looking to explore and expand their technical and performance skills. Learn online from a team of six esteemed faculty, who are all experts in different areas of the serious study of singing. The combination of individual coaching sessions, group seminars, masterclasses & workshops, as well as a virtual performance, will help take your vocal skills to the next level.
The program consists of:
- 6x individual 60min voice coaching sessions with VSOSoM Faculty members Diane King & Kathy Bjorseth. Your choice of daytime timeslots, Monday-Friday Jul 6-10
- 4x masterclasses & workshops with guest instructors on exciting and relevant topics for singers. Monday-Thursday Jul 6-9, 6-8:30pm
- Final virtual concert, Tuesday Jul 14, with rehearsals on Monday Jul 13
Instructors may be available for extra individual lessons at an additional cost
Masterclasses / Workshops
- Singing from the Inside Out with Rena Sharon:
UBC’s renowned Professor of Song Interpretation leads an interactive class exploring the heart of Art Song.
- Working with Collaborators with Greg Caisley:
What are the skills a singer needs in order to collaborate with a pianist or other instrumentalist?
- Singing Consonants with Elizabeth Brodovitch:
What is meant by “crisp, clear consonants”? An in-depth review of sung consonant articulation and the consonant’s role in the interpretation of poetic song texts.
- Vocal Jazz with Steve Maddock:
Explore jazz standards while addressing key elements of the jazz language: form, groove, phrasing and improvisation.