The Vancouver Symphony Orchestral Institute is Now Open for Applications!
Deadline for applications and auditions: May 1, 2021
This is a virtual Summer program, offered by the VSO
The VSOI Professional Training Program offers in-depth performance and mentorship experiences for advanced instrumentalists, conductors, and composers aspiring to a career in music. This 2 week digital experience includes:
- Mentorship by our talented faculty of VSO musicians, as well as opportunities to mentor our participants in the Young Musicians program.
- A series of masterclasses in which every student will be given an opportunity to perform.
- An exciting line-up of interactive webinars on a variety of topics including daily practice, performance practice, career development, musician health and wellness, repertoire, and instrument specific topics.
- Chats and special presentations with VSO Music Director Otto Tausk, as well as masterclasses with world renowned guest artists.
- Opportunities to participate in virtual chamber ensembles with other student musicians, and opportunities for private lessons with VSOI faculty.
- Full access to the VSO’s digital concert hall, TheConcertHall.ca and virtual learning zone, The Music Room, including the full 2020/21 season of VSO performances.
Students can expect between 1 and 3 hours of programming on most days during the two-week timeframe. Schedules will take into account the time zones of where our students are located to encourage the participation of our international applicants.
|Premier Education Partner||Community Engagement Partner|
|With Generous Support From:||In Partnership With:|
|Youth Development and Engagement|
programs such as the VSO Institute are
made possible by the generosity of the
WILLIAM AND IRENE MCEWEN FUND
|With support from the|
PETER AND MARY BRUNOLD AWARD FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF CLASSICAL MUSIC MAKING