Now accepting members for 2022-23
String ensemble auditions for the 2022/2023 school year will be conducted in-person. Please carefully read the guidelines below before filling out the application form.
- 2 Scales (major and minor)
- 1 Piece
- Saturday, June 18th, 2022
- Sight-Reading assessments will be conducted in-person.
- Applicants will be asked to sight-read passages of music.
Guidelines for Skill Levels
- Applicants are expected to be able to play and read music at a level corresponding to their desired ensemble.
- The levels below are estimated and should serve as guidelines for applicants as they select their video audition materials. They will also inform our conductors as they select materials for sight-reading.
- Beginner (Preludio & Minuetto) – RCM level 2-5 OR Suzuki book 2-4
- Intermediate (Intermezzo & Concertante) – RCM level 6-8 OR Suzuki book 5-7
- Advanced (Sinfonietta) – RCM Level 9-ARCT OR Suzuki book 7-10