The Auditions for Beginner and Intermediate ensembles are conducted virtually. Please carefully read the guidelines below before filling out the application form.
Video Audition Requirements
- 2 Scales
- 1 Piece
- Video must clearly show the applicant performing the requested material.
- Recording/performance of requested materials must be done in a single take, with no cuts or edits.
- Video must be uploaded to YouTube, Vimeo, Dropbox, or Google Drive. Please ensure that the privacy settings on the video allow for us to access it with the link you provide.
- Audition videos must remain active until you are contacted by the VSO School of Music with your result.
- Applicants will be contacted via email after they have submitted their audition. Sight-Reading assessments will be conducted through Zoom.
- Applicants will be asked to sight-read passages of music using Zoom’s screen-sharing feature.
- *This Zoom call will be recorded for later viewing by VSO School of Music Jurors.
Guidelines for Skill Levels
- Applicants are expected to be able to play and read music at a level corresponding to their desired ensemble.
- The levels below are estimated and should serve as guidelines for applicants as they select their video audition materials. They will also inform our conductors as they select materials for sight-reading.
- Beginner (Preludio & Minuetto) – RCM level 2-5 OR Suzuki book 2-4
- Intermediate (Intermezzo & Concertante) – RCM level 6-8 OR Suzuki book 5-7