The VSO School of Music has undertaken an exhaustive approach to identifying and implementing strategies that will keep students, faculty, staff, and guests safe from the spread of COVID-19. Elimination and control measures have been put in place that will limit the potential exposure to COVID-19.
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, you will not be permitted to enter the facility. This same restriction applies to all VSO Musicians, VSO Staff, SoM Staff, Students, Parents, and Guests. If you have concerns, we encourage you to use the BC health self-assessment tool. For school policies, including missed lessons, please click here
As of Friday, April 8, 2022, proof of immunization against COVID-19 is no longer required to at the VSO SoM
- The VSO and VSO School of Music have made the decision that for our workplaces, including VSO offices, the VSO School and public spaces, we will continue a mask requirement until further notice. The only exceptions to the mask requirement in our facility are:
- Cafe/Lobby space
- Studios. In the case of private lessons, masks are not required *if* approved by all people present
- Masks are highly recommended for children ages 3-12 and may be required by your instructor.
- Once in classrooms and studios, please follow the mask policy of your individual instructor.
- All staff, faculty, students, and guests are asked to wash their hands upon entering and exiting the building and before and after room use
- Common Area high touch surfaces throughout the building are sanitized daily
- Hand sanitizer stations on each floor are signposted clearly and hand sanitizer is topped up regularly. Hand sanitizer is available in all studios and classrooms
- Air handling systems have been modified to increase the outside air intake and allow greater air exchange throughout the facility. The air is circulated 4 times an hour.