At the VSO School of Music, we are committed to providing our parents, students and patrons with exceptional service. As providing this service involves the collection and use of personal information, protecting that information is one of our highest priorities. We will not rent, sell or exchange your personal information with other organizations.
We will only collect personal information in order to:
- Enroll a parent or student into a lesson, class or program
- Process payment for items such as lessons, classes, donations and gift shop sales
- Identify preferences in order to improve our programs
- Distribute VSO School of Music information
- Administer scholarship and bursary awards
We will obtain your prior consent to collect, use or disclose personal information and respect your right to opt-out of any mail or email lists.
Parents, students and patrons may view or update their personal information file by contacting the Privacy Officer.
Securing Personal Information
We will continually review and update our security policies and controls to ensure ongoing personal information security, and are committed to ensuring the security of information through:
- the use of locked storage areas and appropriate technology
- restricting employee access to personal information as appropriate
- adhering to proper measures when destroying personal information
Inquiries or feedback regarding our Privacy Statement can be forwarded to:
VSO School of Music
843 Seymour Street
Vancouver, BC V6B 3L4