Registration now open!
This is an online music class, taught using Zoom
Whether you’re new to recorder ensembles or have some pre-pandemic ensemble experience, this course for intermediate – advanced level players will give you the skills to take your future in-person group playing to another level.
In addition to learning two ensemble pieces by playing along online with pre-recorded ensemble tracks, we’ll cover the following topics (and if you don’t know what some of them mean, don’t worry, I’ll explain them all!):
- How to approach and practice ensemble music including reading alto up
- How to follow a conductor, how to cue
- How to subdivide rhythms
- Where to find great ensemble repertoire that will be fun, challenging, and inspiring for all levels without being overwhelming
- Ensemble etiquette
- Recovering from mistakes
- Have a tune you’d like to play? I’ll provide a list of free and inexpensive programs to arrange, transpose and record parts
- Tips to improve your sight-reading and how to catch up when you get lost