Registration for 2022 Summer Arts Explorers is now open!
These are IN-PERSON summer day camps
July 4-8: Astronaut’s Space Missioncamp full July 11-15: Underwater Adventurecamp full July 18-22: Around the World in 5 Dayscamp full July 25-29: African Explorationcamp full
- 4-day session
August 2-5: Astronaut’s Space Mission ($396)camp full
- August 8-12: Underwater Adventure
- August 15-19: Around the World in 5 Days
August 22-26: African Explorationcamp full
Choose one or up to eight weeks of social connection through the arts for kids who will have completed Kindergarten, up to Grade 3 or the equivalent. Each week participants, in small camp sizes of 7, will explore an imagination-sparking theme through arts and crafts, drama games, movement and music. The Arts Explorers schedule includes:
- Daily group instrument class (guitar, violin or ukulele)
- Daily active group musicianship class.
- 2 hours each day outside over lunch, with lots of opportunity for supervised play.
- Parents are sent a video recording to share what participants have learned.
The VSO School of Music’s in-person summer camps are fully compliant with B.C. public health guidelines, with small class sizes in large rooms and lots of outside time to ensure physical distancing. Instruments and other supplies are assigned to each participant so that no sharing / passing around occurs, and regular cleaning and disinfecting of surfaces is scheduled. Hand-washing is built into the daily schedule.
Missed signing up for an activity?
Join our contact list to be notified first of new classes and registration dates